Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Linux IMAP Server using Postfix and Procmail

I switched from POP3 to IMAP on my Debian Linux box and had some problems setting up my local delivery transport using Postfix and Procmail. I use Dovecot as my IMAP server and I decided to move from mbox format to Maildir.
To make this happen I had to tell Postfix that I now use Maildir instead of mbox. Just add the following line in /etc/postfix/main.cf:
home_mailbox = Maildir/
Now you have to tell Procmail to use Maildir instead of mbox. To do this, create a file called .procmailrc in your users home directory and add the following line:
DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/
Now all my problems are gone and I have a working IMAP system using:
  • Dovecot (IMAP Server)
  • Postfix (MTA)
  • Procmail (LDA)

No comments:

Post a Comment